Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Facebook




The user base for Face book as grown past 300 million people! Amazing, at least for me it is. I come from the "Pre-computer Age" group. The era that had a black and white TV at home. I remember when most people wouldnt deal with banks or other bussinesses that used computers. Everyone was afraid of what they didnt know. They were scared that mysterious glitches in computers would deplete thier accounts or misuse personal information. It was in the mid 90's when I took my first computer class, AutoCAD. I couldnt use e-mail, internet or even know how to turn one on. I informed my instructor of this and as he showed me how to turn the computer on, I said your going to have fun with me in your class, he said, "No your going to have fun".


I have come a long way since that day, I now make a living, do my banking and communicate with others by the use of a computer. I even run a side bussniess by the use of a web site. Whatever I need information about I just Google it! And just the other day, I joined Facebook. Never dreamed I could connect with people from my past or across the globe so quickly.




1 comment:

  1. Wow! If Facebook were a country, it would be the fourth largest in the world (and gaining fast on #3 - the U.S.) with the highest per capita income and the highest level of education attained of any nation on earth. So what does this wealthy, educated nation do with its instantaneous global communications network? Plays farm games and mafia wars. Sigh.

    The cool (OK, maybe not cool, but certainly interesting) thing about Facebook is how intergenerational it has become. The fastest growing demographic is 35+.

    Look at these stats and wonder, what can this become?
    http://www.facebook.com/press/info.php?statistics

    ReplyDelete