Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Lost Friends, If I could talk to them now….

In the past week I have lost two friends. One to Cancer, she was an old friend who I did not get to see while she was ill. The other I did see but didn’t realize what was to happen a short time later.
She had a mental illness and a quick radical down turn which brought her to suicide. With each one of them I never had the chance to say any last words, so I felt that it would be appropriate to talk to each of them one last time though written words….

Rowina,
if I could talk to you today I would tell you how much you’ll be missed. I would remind you of all the great times we had even though times were tough. Being single parents, loving our kids, working hard at the factory everyday when we were young, and making the best of it on the weekends : ). All of us (You, Shelia, Colette and Me) being in Denise & Tom’s wedding together, from the fun we had picking out our dresses (you know that is the only time I ever seen you in a dress!), to the reception (Party of all Parties!). Even though we hadn’t seen each other in years, you called me when I needed you. You were an encourager, and a friend with a heart of gold! Ro, you will always be in my heart and on my mind.

Diane,
Oh how I wish I would have known your hurt and your pain. For your life to end such as it did is tragic.
I do know many feelings you faced everyday were not of your own but what you were dealt with.
If I only would have known, I would have hugged you so tight the last time I saw you! How often we are buried in our busy lives not to notice the signs of someone’s pain and struggles. I will not let guilt bring me down but have learned to pay more attention. I will miss you my friend!


I'll be seeing you both again someday,
Barb

No comments:

Post a Comment